First, allow me to say you’ll desire to make sure you intend for the adventures you need to experience Waikiki. Saving up for your trip is among the best decisions to produce. You can figure you will spend between $14-$25 per adult person if you visit a number of the main attractions. So if this is your pleasure just multiply the charge with the number of people going. The cost for kids is dependent upon age.
Honolulu Zoo – Admission $14 adults/$6 children. Consider Star-Gazing (could have an additional cost) or Snooze inside the Zoo-dinner, tour, campfire, sleepover (could have an additional cost). WOW! What an adventure and lasting memory this may produce.
Waikiki Aquarium – having a 1-2 hour tour to experience the marine life – Admission $9 adults/$4 children. Oceanarium Restaurant surrounds a saltwater aquarium. Enjoy dinner while experiencing and enjoying the open air with the ocean.
- Swimming, surfing, body-boarding at Waikiki Beach
- Surf lessons by beach boys in front of the Duke Kahanamoku statue, rental of kit is reasonable.
- Catamaran dinner cruises off Waikiki Beach
- Atlantis Submarine–explore majestic coastal waters all around the cities of Waikiki and Honolulu – a 90-minute tour $89 adult/ $40 children
- Hanauma Bay–Marine Life Conservation Area – Daily from 6:00 am to six:00 pm $5 admission for 13 years or older – Snorkeling
- Halona Blow Hole (lookout)–The blowhole is often a natural occurrence formed by molten lava tubes from volcanic eruptions thousands of years ago. The lava tubes cost the ocean and, if the surf is appropriate, the blowhole shoots water up to 30 feet inside the air. The larger the waves, the larger the spray. So COOL!
- Halona Beach Cove– known with the “Peering Place.” This small sandy beach in the cove is fantastic for swimming if the surf is calm. If you’re lucky, you can view the resident honu (endangered Hawaiian green sea turtle).
Now if you are looking for a lot of wonderful FREE activities during Waikiki. There are cultural classes, with plenty of fun activities to do. Watching each other learn something new may be entertaining by itself. The torch lighting ceremony is spectacular. Kapiolani Park comes with an art festival to certainly find all sorts of treasures and things to remember your vacation. Other places to think about, Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center has Free Hawaiian culture classes and entertainment. The Hilton Hawaiian Village has cultural activities plus a torch ceremony also.
If you possess an adventurous spirit, leasing a car has endless possibilities. Hiking creates memories; take a look at a couple of places to consider:
- Diamond Head, a 7-mile moderate hike, takes about 1 1/2 hours, however on the summit you can see a number of the best panoramic views from the island.
- Koko head Crater Trail, a far more difficult hike, filled up with “Nature’s Stairmaster” (Approx. 1100 steps), however worth the effort must be beautiful view holds back you in the top.
- Makapu’u Lighthouse, a reasonable 2-mile trail to the lighthouse, which has a spectacular view from the windward side of O’ahu
If you want Open Markets, this is a couple where one can purchase fresh agriculture and aquaculture as well as other food items from suppliers.
- Queen Kapiolani Park-Wednesdays 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Kapiolani Community College -Saturdays 7:30 am to 11:00 am
Make sure one does a travel journal to capture all the thoughts, feelings, and emotions that you simply experience. This may be especially fun to go back and peruse by way of reminiscing the experiences you had.